How intermittent fasting is beneficial?
Many of us might have questions regarding intermittent fasting.
How is it beneficial?
What will be the result?
How can I lose weight by intermittent fasting?
Should I intermittent fast every day?
What are the 10 most asked questions about intermittent fasting and also how can you use this information for better health?
1. What are the positive effects of intermittent fasting?
Besides weight loss, are there other benefits to intermittent fasting? In addition to reduced body weight, this fasting can help lower cholesterol, improve glucose control, reduce liver fat, and improve blood pressure.
2. Can fasting be beneficial?
Fasting is a practice that has been associated with a wide array of potential health benefits, including weight loss, as well as improved blood sugar control, heart health, brain function, and cancer prevention.
3. How long should you intermittent fast to see results?
Well, we all know that any diet takes some time to show results. The same is with intermittent fasting. Experts suggest that a person needs to follow the basic rules for at least 10 weeks to witness some positive results.
4. How much weight can you lose in a month with intermittent fasting?
Intermittent fasting reduced body weight by 3–8% over a period of 3–24 weeks (22). When examining the rate of weight loss, intermittent fasting may produce weight loss at a rate of approximately 0.55 to 1.65 pounds (0.25–0.75 kg) per week.
5. What is the best time window for intermittent fasting?
Build muscle tone. Consider a simple form of intermittent fasting. Limit the hours of the day when you eat, and for best effect, make it earlier in the day (between 7 am to 3 pm, or even 10 am to 6 pm, but definitely not in the evening before bed). Avoid snacking or eating at nighttime, all the time.
6. Is it better to intermittent fast in the morning or evening?
Fasting in the evening and overnight, then eating early in the day is the pattern that has the most profound benefits. The research is clear that people who eat in the morning and afternoon have healthier blood lipid profiles and better blood sugar control and tend to weigh less than those who eat late in the day.
7. What is allowed in intermittent fasting?
No food is allowed during the fasting period, but you can drink water, coffee, tea, and other non-caloric beverages. Some forms of intermittent fasting allow small amounts of low-calorie foods during the fasting period. Taking supplements is generally allowed while fasting, as long as there are no calories in them.
8. Will coffee ruin a fast?
Probably not! You can even enjoy a tad of cream or butter in your coffee while fasting but avoid sugar.
9. What to expect when you start intermittent fasting?
For a healthy, well-nourished person, intermittent fasting offers very few side effects. When a person first starts fasting, they may feel slightly physically and mentally sluggish as their body adjusts. After the adjustment, most people go back to functioning normally.
10. Can you do intermittent fasting long term?
Recent research has found that using intermittent fasting for weight loss may have some benefits in the short term.
4 ways to use this information for better health
1. Avoid sugars and refined grains. Instead, eat fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats (a sensible, plant-based, Mediterranean-style diet).
2. Let your body burn fat between meals. Don’t snack. Be active throughout your day. Build muscle tone.
3. Consider a simple form of intermittent fasting. Limit the hours of the day when you eat, and for best effect, make it earlier in the day (between 7 am to 3 pm, or even 10 am to 6 pm, but definitely not in the evening before bed).
4. Avoid snacking or eating at nighttime, all the time.
I hope this answers your question.
P.S. I truly believe in “Health and Healing will follow fasting”